Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Another Uncertainty

Since time began, turn away the tangible, in this moment you hold dear
The wedge of beast's disbelief, you will never be
Heavy-minded as a snake, and die by hopelessness.
You lose her out the surface of your skin,
You fall deaf sometimes to her thoughts surrounding.
vertical solid center
The enormous haystack never forgets the South,
The enormous worm forgets her silence,
And that imbecile that surrounds you always succeeds.
You always withheld from it what it withholds from you;
At times you lead, when you are unworthy.


A poetry prompt from NaPoWriMo


Curious how it would turn out, I chose opposites for nearly every word, instead of choosing opposite meanings of the entire line (sometimes there's a difference). And here is the original poem by Ralph Waldo Emerson:

Self Reliance

HENCEFORTH, please God, forever I forego
The yoke of men's opinions. I will be
Light-hearted as a bird, and live with God.
I find him in the bottom of my heart,
I hear continually his voice therein.
horizontal dotted line
The little needle always knows the North,
The little bird remembereth his note,
And this wise Seer within me never errs.
I never taught it what it teaches me;
I only follow, when I act aright.

No comments:

Post a Comment