Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

String Theory

There's a sameness running through us
at speeds faster than light
If we could see it
I imagine it would look like a multicolored string
like the kind we used
to make friendship bracelets

I remember not liking the floss that changed from color to color,
because I couldn't predict what the bracelet would look like in the end.

I suppose things have changed
when all I can do now is
search for a changing thread
stringing us together like fish on a line

in the same boat, so to speak

I love to imagine
what must be happening at microscopic levels
as the string changes from blue to green
when it exits you and enters me

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this --the idea of it and especially the last stanza--beautifully written

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Audrey, thank you so much for stopping by and for the very kind comment. I just read your poem Thoughts in the Glass of Time, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete