Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Documentarathon

Both yesterday and today after work I had a documentarathon. Between movies friends have given me on flash drives to free documentaries on Hulu, I watched...

Bob Dylan: The Folk Years

Bukowski: Born Into This

Zeitgeist Movement: Orientation Presentation

China's Century of Humiliation

Esoteric Agenda

Cosmos: The Shores of the Cosmic Ocean (http://www.hulu.com/watch/63317/cosmos-the-shores-of-the-cosmic-ocean) There are 13 episodes I'll be making my way through. Gotta love Carl Sagan.


Then I did some online reading about Carl Sagan, and eventually stumbled upon this little gem...



I love the universe.

[Sagan]
The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it
But the way those atoms are put together
The cosmos is also within us
We're made of star stuff
We are a way for the cosmos to know itself


Across the sea of space
The stars are other suns
We have traveled this way before
And there is much to be learned

I find it elevating and exhilarating
To discover that we live in a universe
Which permits the evolution of molecular machines
As intricate and subtle as we


No comments:

Post a Comment