Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Humid Haikou

I just read a blog post by another foreigner living here in Haikou, and since I couldn't have summed it up better myself, I'm going to be extra lazy and share his blog post about what Winters are like here...

http://www.ryan-mclaughlin.com/blog/china-travel/haikou/haikou-winters-make-me-wet

Today's humidity has been especially awful. Every surface at my kindergarten and in my apartment is wet wet wet. Not just damp, but WET. The mirrors in the bathrooms are dripping. This morning I did a load of laundry and left it to hang in my spare room before heading out to school (before I knew how humid today was going to be), and now the spare room is nearly foggy...those clothes won't be drying any time soon. Sometimes I even have to wash them all over again because they develop a severely icky musty smell before they've had a chance to dry. I can't wait until Spring. At least I hope Spring brings less humidity!

Yesterday the Foreign Affairs Office gave me this hat that says "Sunny Haikou" ... I've only been here a month and I've seen the sun maybe a few times (maybe?), but I'll trust that this hat isn't lying to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment