Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

What a gas!

Days like today make me laugh remembering my previous jobs as software consultant, having meetings with bigwigs, dressing fancy and talking fancy.....

when the highlights of my workday today were getting to color a picture of grapes with a purple crayon, and a little boy farting in my face...intentionally. I couldn't stop laughing (I don't think I have a 'discipline' bone in my body).

I suppose I was asking for it...

Some of the kids were still getting changed into clean clothes after their morning exercise and play time out on the playground. One of my 6-yr-olds, Peter, came up to me before class started as I was sitting talking with the Chinese English teacher, and he had his shirt off and started laughing and waving it in front of my face, because he's a goofball like that. And I made a silly face, waved my hand in front of my nose and said "whoo! smelly!" because it was his playground shirt and I was teasing him all in good fun.

He cracked up laughing and then gave me a look that seemed to say, "If you think THAT'S smelly, check this!..."

And then he turned around, bent over, and farted. And because I was already sitting in one of the tiny kindergarten chairs, his butt was right at face level, not even a foot away.

First of all, why is it that kids can magically fart at will?

And secondly, why do I still laugh at such things??

I feel like I'm a decent teacher and try to be a decent mentor... but 'mature role model'? Guess I need to work on that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment