Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Reformatting the brain

These are the things I wish were programmed into my brain before leaving the states, and would calculate automatically…

Celsius to Fahrenheit
°C * 9/5 + 32 = °F

Kilometers to Miles
km x 0.6214 = mi.

Kilograms to Pounds
kg * 2.2 = lbs

Milliliters to Ounces
I'm not even going to put this formula here because ounces has always been a bizarre measurement and it means nothing to me anyway, so take that, ounces.

Kilometers per Hour to Miles per Hour
kph / 1.609 = mph (or kph * 0.622 = mph)

I wonder how long it'll be before I start thinking in these measurements without having to do the conversion. Is that like when you're learning a new language and then magically at some point you start thinking in the new language? Seems like a long ways away.

No comments:

Post a Comment