Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Reading extravaganza

I'm so happy to have time to be reading again. Three books in two weeks, so happy! What's weird is that all three books I chose were written in the 1970's, just a funny coincidence I guess...

1. The Secret Life of Plants, by Peter Tompkins and Christopher Bird
2. The Body Electric, by Thelma Moss, Ph.D.
3. The Facts of Life, by R. D. Laing

I picked out a few quotes from the third book that I really like...

"Are we all essentially, equally ignorant?
but some are more ignorant than others, ignorant
of their ignorance, hence thinking they know?"


"Am I unaffected by anything?

One cannot pluck a flower
without disturbing a star,
it has been said

And if the stars are disturbed?"



"Let your heart be like the sun
Shine alike on everyone."