Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Journey

Yesterday I learned that if the Earth was compressed to about the size of a peanut, it would create a black hole. Ok, paraphrasing - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwarzschild_radius

And I learned that Franz Liszt's daughter married Richard Wagner, which for some reason blew my mind thinking "wow I bet they made superhuman-musician babies," and 1,000 Wikipedia clicks later, I now know a lot of useless stuff about their family all the way through to Franz's great-great-grandchildren. Funfact: Wagner's grandchildren were encouraged to call Adolf Hitler "Uncle Adolf."

Today on a restaurant menu I saw the following... "Dried plum rice blast frog" and "A duck chin beauty"

Yum.

Do ducks even have chins?

Total sidetrack here, but why does nearly every coffee shop and restaurant here in Haikou play Beethoven's Für Elise, almost on repeat? Even my washing machine plays Für Elise when I start it. What is China's obsession with this composition? I'm not complaining since I love it, just very curious.

And today I continued my research for one of my science projects called "How to Consistently Buy Good Cookies in China When You Can't Read Chinese Food Packaging." I'm following the Scientific Method:



1) Ask Question -- Is it possible to consistently buy good cookies in China when you can't read Chinese food packaging?

2) Do Background Research -- Buy cookies. Eat cookies.

That's all I've got so far. I'm stuck on step two... repeatus infinitus.

No comments:

Post a Comment