Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Juggling act

I awoke the other morning
earlier than usual due to someone revving their engine over and over and over at 3:30am down in the street below,
my bedroom windows open wide to let in the crisp air,
and my mind was instantly alert and buzzing.

For the life of me I could not fall back to sleep,
and I was held captivated by my thoughts -- a big pile of spaghetti strings --
One string looping through the next.
This one stuck to that one.
These wrapped around those.

Massive thoughts, swirling thoughts.
Thoughts orbiting other thoughts.
Some with so much weight, yet weightless.
And over the course of the next hour while my mind erected a circus tent and invited the universe to sit back and enjoy the show,
the voice over the speaker repeated
my thoughts are like planets, my thoughts are like planets, my thoughts are like planets.

No comments:

Post a Comment