Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Biking Elk Meadow

Today I got up early to go mountain biking in Elk Meadow. More than a few people have recommended it, so it was about time to check it out. It's one of the closer set of trails near Denver, easy to get to and close to Evergreen, one of my favorite places to escape out of the city to.

This was such a perfect ride! Except for last weekend's ride at Three Sisters (which was a great ride for early season and getting back in biking shape) I haven't been on my bike in months. And holy cow this altitude reminds me how out of shape my lungs are. The trails at Elk Meadow were great for me and my skill level because they had a lot of good inclines for climbing and getting the lungs back in shape, and some rocky and rooty patches for practicing some technical skills.



On the way back down and into the meadow, I saw this (breath taking!)...


Until a biker came up from behind me and zoomed through the herd yelling "Yeehaw!" and scattered them. :)

Here are the rest of the photos from today...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elizorbeth/tags/elkmeadow/

No comments:

Post a Comment