Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

I finally love Mondays

On Monday nights I go from work to poetry class, and then from poetry class to harmonica class. Favorite day of the week.

Tonight in harmonica class we learned Not Fade Away by Buddy Holly...

He made us play AND sing. And he convinced us that anyone can sing despite what we've been told since childhood. He also said that teaching a beginner harmonica class is like creating the universe. (I couldn't wait for his explanation on this one!) "because it's creating order out of chaos." I died a little laughing, because we all certainly sound like chaos right now. And tonight we also learned some basic blues riffs. I love the instructor so so so much. He is just the most genuinely genuine person I think I've ever met. And his deep, southern twangy voice just makes me want to curl up inside of it and backstroke through some cotton balls while eating buttery grits.