Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Stop. Potty Time.

Today in my last class I learned the universal kindergartener face for "I'm going to stand here and pee my pants right in front of you, and there's nothing you can do to stop it."

I was speaking to the boy and asking him to repeat the sentence, and he had this look of deep concern with a touch of fear in his eyes, a slight crinkle to his forehead. And I thought this was strange given that he was one of the more lively and talkative students just a few minutes earlier.

Then all of a sudden he grabbed himself and out came a big pee stream from the bottom of his pant leg. Poor kiddo.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Then after class as I was leaving the classroom amidst all of the kids leaving the classroom to take their bathroom break, I hear behind me a little boy shout "Bye Liz!" (that's my name here in China since "Elizabeth" is way too long for anyone here, even the teachers), and I turn around to say goodbye to him, and he is standing there in front of all his classmates with his pants and underwear down around his ankles and waving goodbye to me with the biggest silliest smile on his face. I nearly died.

Never a dull moment.