Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Squats

After about five or so days of being here in China, I noticed that my quads were really sore. Like, abnormally sore. I thought really long and hard about what could be causing this soreness. I certainly have walked a lot since arriving, but I walked a lot more in Nepal and never did my quads hurt like this.

Then the lightbulb came on. It could be one of two things...

1. I am now a kindergarten teacher and my students are teenie tiny, so I am constantly squatting down to meet them on their level.

Or...

2. Chinese public toilets. The squat toilet (I took this photo from a Google images search, and it accurately represents all of the public toilets I've seen so far, although this one may be a tad bit cleaner)...

But I'm gonna go more with #1 than #2 since I haven't used the public toilets THAT much yet.