Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Magic Tiger Balm

Today my head exploded in the most hideous of common colds. Constant sneezing and stuffy face. It was a really great day otherwise. Tonight after a fabulous dinner, which I'll post about later (delicious local Nepali food and dance), we found a market still open and hopped in to buy the magic ointment, Tiger Balm. There is a man on the street who, for the past two days, has tried to sell me Tiger Balm, and I turned him down both times not knowing what was to become of my face in the near future. Here is why Tiger Balm is so magic...


"TIGER BALM. For fast and effective relief of headache, stuffy nose, insect bites, itchiness, muscular aches and pains, sprains and flatulence. Apply gently on affected area."

Apparently there's nothing it can't cure. And FYI, no matter how afflicted I am by flatulence, I refuse to ever apply it gently to the affected area. I have more photos and writing to post here soon, but right now I'm going to take advantage of being all slathered up in Tiger Balm and get some good rest before day 2 of class tomorrow.